NEW - Cher, Dancing Queen
Dancing Queen is the twenty-sixth studio album by American singer and actress Cher, released by Warner Bros. Records on September 28, 2018. It is Cher's first album in five years, following Closer to the Truth (2013). The album contains cover versions of songs recorded by Swedish pop group ABBA, with the title referencing their 1976 song "Dancing Queen". The album follows Cher's appearance in the 2018 musical film Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again, based on the music of ABBA.
The album received acclaim from music critics, and was a success commercially, debuting at number three on the US Billboard 200 with first-week sales of 153,000 units, becoming Cher's highest debut sales week for an album in the United States. Dancing Queen also debuted at number one on the US Top Album Sales chart with 150,000 pure copies, making it Cher's first number one album on that chart. The album also peaked within the top ten of charts in another 18 countries, with nine of those being top five entries.
To promote the album, Cher embarked on a concert tour, titled Here We Go Again Tour which began on September 21, 2018. It also marks her first worldwide tour since the Living Proof: The Farewell Tour.
All tracks produced by Mark Taylor; except "Fernando" produced by Benny Andersson with vocal production by Taylor.
No. Title Writer
1. "Dancing Queen" Benny AnderssonBjörn UlvaeusStig Anderson
2. "Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) AnderssonUlvaeus
3. "The Name of the Game" AnderssonUlvaeusAnderson
4. "SOS" AnderssonUlvaeusAnderson
5. "Waterloo" AnderssonUlvaeusAnderson
6. "Mamma Mia" AnderssonUlvaeusAnderson
7. "Chiquitita" AnderssonUlvaeus
8. "Fernando" AnderssonUlvaeusAnderson
9. "The Winner Takes It All" AnderssonUlvaeus
10. "One of Us" AnderssonUlvaeus